Monday, September 05, 2005

Military Odyssey


Last Saturday we went to the Military Odyssey show at Detling. I am not into dressing up and reenactment as a participant but it is entertaining to watch. We watched Britannia Romans, Mediaeval Battle with Archers and Hand Cannon, Mediaeval jousting, which was particularly good and the Largest WWII Battle Recreation. I do take an interest in the stands and displays as I like to see what's around in case I find something related with the metal detector and there was plenty of arms, ammunition, badges, buttons, medals etc., on display. Romney Marsh Metal Detecting Club had a display there with a wonderful collection of Kent 17th century traders tokens. Brian Waterhouse, club chairman I think, collects them and has over 400 different examples with 200 to go to get the full set. They were mostly not metal detector finds he said. Another great day out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home