Monday, August 22, 2005

Detech PI

On Wednesday I was about to head off to Chilham detecting when Shaun phoned and said the field where I found the gold pendant, was harvested and did I want to go over with the hoard hunter as there might be more or a grave or something. So I went and met Shaun and tried out the largest coil, 20". Shaun left me too it so I had to do my own digging - it was like a budget version of Two Men in a Trench at times. Well it did find things - small iron. I went over the same area with my Laser after and didn't find a thing so the Pulse hadn't missed anything. The field is being left as set-aside so we are going to try the 1 metre square two man coil later. Shaun then took us onto an adjacent field that had been ploughed. I found a nice Elizabeth I shilling on there with my Laser, the first hammered silver to come from the field according to Shaun. So the day turned out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home